- Client posts a project on SkillQuo along with the detailed requirements, and budget. Project is reviewed by the SkillQuo team, and once approved, Project becomes available for the consultants with relevant skills to provide estimates on.
- Next, consultants reach out to the client with any questions/clarifications, and/or submit their estimates on the project.
- Client schedules an interview with select consultants, and reviews/accepts consultant estimates (hires the consultant). Client has to now place the approved estimate amount (consultant bid amount) into Escrow to start the project. This project payment stays in Escrow until the project is completed and/or a dispute is opened by client/consultant.
- Once Escrow is funded Client and Consultant enter the secure workspace, officially marking the start of the project.
- Once Consultant completes the project by providing the deliverables, he/she can mark the project as complete. Client can now review the deliverables and change the project status to Complete.
- SkillQuo admin reviews the project completion, and the Escrow is released, and the payment is released to the Consultant (usually within 24-48hours of project completion).
However, things are not perfect sometimes. Dispute may arise during the project, Client or Consultant may quit in the middle of the project. In this situation, SkillQuo team thoroughly reviews the project documentation (including the reports submitted by the Client and Consultant), and makes the decision on the whether to make the refund to the Client or to release the payment to the Consultant.
Project enters into dispute if:
a) Client requests a refund by clicking on the project ‘close’ button in the project workspace signaling an issue with the project, before the project has been marked as complete by the client (client can mark the project as completed by clicking on the ‘finish’ button in the project workspace).
b) Consultant clicks on ‘discontinue’ button to stop working on the project before the project has been completed
- Next step: A form opens that allows client/consultant to provide reasons for Closing/Discontinuing the project. Both parties should submit their detailed report to allow SkillQuo team to objectively review the project details and make an informed decision on the escrow release/refund.
SkillQuo team then reviews all the details (including the reports submitted, project deliverables submitted, milestones completed etc.) and decides on the Escrow status (usually within 4 business days):
- Dispute raised by the Client: SkillQuo team makes the decision in Client’s favor – Client gets a full refund without commission deduction, and the project is re-opened for other Consultants to provide estimates on. SkillQuo team works with the Client to ensure a successful project completion.
- Dispute raised by the Client: SkillQuo team makes the decision in Consultant’s favor – Consultant gets the project payment, after SkillQuo commission deduction
- Dispute raised by the Consultant: SkillQuo team makes the decision the Client’s favor – Client gets a full refund without commission deduction, and the project is re-opened for other Consultants to provide estimates on. SkillQuo team works with the Client to ensure a successful project completion.
- Dispute raised by the Consultant: SkillQuo team makes the decision in Consultant’s favor – Consultant gets the project payment, after SkillQuo commission deduction
The disputed funds shall be dealt with in accordance with the resolution decision and above process. SkillQuo involvement with the Dispute ends once the resolution regarding the Dispute has been communicated. Users agree and accept that any payments and/or other actions made by SkillQUo in accordance with the resolution decision of a Dispute are made in good faith and Users shall have no cause of action against SkillQuo (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) in respect of the resolution decision or any such actions or payments made pursuant to it. Users further agree and accept that they have no right to seek to hold SkillQuo liable for a Buyer or Seller’s alleged actions or failures. Please review our Terms of Service for details.